This is an effort to get back to a regular schedule on the blog. Not much has really happened since Cheryl blogged last week, but then I have always been a little long winded.
I will start with Rozi. You know when they complain about having to get up for seminary that they are truly teenagers. She is good about getting up on her own, and she has never tried to get out of it. Rozi does continually remind me that she is tired. She was very sad when swim team ended. It was her first year, and she loved it. Cheryl and I were able to make it to some meets. Her new activity is honor society. I am glad she is home more. She works cheap, and I have multiple choice tests to get corrected.
Lewis has been doing good at school. He is getting all As this quarter. I never knew that deacons had so much work. They have to set up chairs at church every Sunday, pass the sacrament, be bishop's messenger during sacrament meeting, do fast offerings, and he is my home teaching companion (which means that I actually have to do it). He has started breaking out, which means that it is time for retribution from his sister.
Good news for Cheryl is that she got a couple more hours of work each day. My wife, who spent 11 years teaching kindergarten and first grade, now spends two hours each day working one-on-one with ELL students at a junior high school. Let's just say that it is a different world. She still comes home a ray of sunshine. I think that we may have to surgically remove her new ipad.
I am still a grumpy old man. Just ask Rozi and Lewis. The fact that this year's class is the chattiest I have had in years does not help. I am now pretty much trying to play catch up with them. My school has a new motto, "We believe in you, do you believe in you?" I told my class a couple weeks ago that I don't believe in them, because that implies that they have a choice. They don't and I think most of them are starting to figure it out. I might not go to seminary every morning, but I am tired. They are a class that likes to read, and more than a third of them attend at least two days of 5th grade after school help. I enjoy teaching 5th grade. I sure hope they don't move me next year.
For those of you who don't do Facebook (Mom), Cheryl and I went to REO Speedwagon last night. It was an excellent show. I was online buying tickets to The Black Crows and somehow we ended up with REO Speadwagon tickets instead. Wonder how that happened. They sing such sappy songs as "Keep on Loving You" and "Can't Fight This Feeling." They did play some more rockish songs like "Time For Me To Fly" and "Riden Out the Storm." It was a good date show. We also saw Last Comic Standing a couple weeks ago. It was hilarious. Cheryl laughed so hard that she started to cry.
Well, I hope everyone is doing well. Can't wait to see many of you at Christmas.
Love,
Evan
27 Years of Thanksgivings
15 years ago
You have a good family and a good wife.
ReplyDeleteI can already hear you laughing maniacally when you see Lexi's true personality. I bet you will be thinking this is pay back--but it isn't. I like her the way she is :)
Lucky for Rozi that her morning minutes aren't wasted on transportation time, and lucky for you that you don't have to get in a cold car and transport her. I'd definately stay put until Lewis graduates! I love 5th grade. I'm glad that you do too. And I enjoy working with the 12+ year olds because those little ego-maniacs are so humble when they really need help with their math. Then you see the sweet side of them. So I'm sure Chery will enjoy them. Proud of my grandkids--and my kids, too. Love, Mom
ReplyDeleteI think Rozi and Max are two peas in a pod. Max NEVER complains, but spends his days telling me how tired he is. (Sound familiar?) We have good kids. I think it helps that Max doesn't really have a choice. If he misses seminary, than I would have to drive him to zero hour, and zero hour starts smack in middle of me getting the three others ready for school. So that isn't an option. He likes seminary though. So that is something.
ReplyDeleteI actually just told Max that you all would be coming for Christmas this morning. He spent the ride to seminary figuring out where everyone will sleep. You and Cheryl are stuck on a double bed. That is all I got. :( Better than the floor, or a twin, right? :)
REO is sappy. But an awesome sappy. So many memories with those songs!