Sunday, August 22, 2010

August

It has been a very busy month here at the Larsen Ranch. We are preparing for back-to-school. The kids begin the new school year at the end of the month. Evan and I get our students in early September. Rozi will be starting high school - 9th grade. Lewis will be in the 7th grade.

I have run back and forth to Portland about a dozen times this summer. I spent most of those visits packing up everything in my parents house. I also snuck a couple peeks of my adorable baby nephew, Gavin. Another trip down was for my Uncle Darrell's memorial service. He was my dad's older brother. I also went to my parents' Bon Voyage party. Evan and the kids drove down with me to help load up the moving truck with all my parents' belongings. Then I drove my parents to Indiana in their car. We drove through Oregon, Idaho, Utah, Wyoming, Nebraska, Iowa, Illinios, and Indiana. It took 4 long days, but we had a good time. Poor Mom and Dad ended up with horribly swollen ankles from so many hours and hours (days) of travel. We had to get them ice packs to bring down the swelling. I was able to avoid the swelling by wearing sandals. But my sandals did not protect me from the humidity. Just a few hours after arriving in Huntington, Indiana, the moving van pulled up and we unloaded the truck in under an hour so the driver could get on his way to Michigan. Then after the truck was unloaded we brought everything up the stairs to my parent's apartment above my sister's garage. We had a few helpers arrive after about another hour and once the help arrived, everything got up the stairs in less than 20 minutes. So, we were able to relax and go inside the house for some lemonade. For the next three days, I unpacked boxes for Mom and Dad with help from my sister, Colleen, who drove down from Boston (Attleboro), Massachusetts. I just flew home on Wednesday.

As many of you know, watching American Idol has been a Larsen tradition since before I was part of the family. This year, Evan and I took the kids to the American Idol live concert. They came to Seattle two nights ago and we had a rockin' time. Everyone was even better that they were on the show. I was surprised to find that Siobhan Magnus was truly the best performer on concert night. That girl knows how to rock!!

I hope everyone has had a fantastic summer!!! Fall is in the air. Time for new school clothes, sharpened pencils, homework, and football.

Love to everyone!
Cheryl

2 comments:

  1. Hi Cheryl. Thanks for keeping us posted. Will you come down and help us pack when we move? No, It would be Meri's turn. Your a good daughter and Gavin is an adorable name. We started school last Wednesday. I'm in Kindergarten and 1st grade. Kindergarten isn't my favortite place but the kids are sweet. Today I spent a good amount of time getting a little boy into dry clothes--even his shoes. He really soaked himself. I enjoy 1st grade more. We've just had our first day of summer, except the one week you were here. It's been foggy every morning and the afternoon in the 70's. This week in the 90's, of course after school started. But next week is supposed to be in the 60's, which I much prefer. I know Evan, but they have air conditioning in Utah! Much love to everyone. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cra-ZY! You are an awesome daughter! You have to be careful posting how wonderful you are, you might give my parents the idea to fly you down to pack them when they move to Utah! And they have A TON of stuff!

    ReplyDelete