Sunday, August 8, 2010

Especially For Youth!

On Monday I went to the University of Puget Sound for EFY! Lets just say, I loved it. It was the most amazing experience I've ever had. It started out on Monday, being the first day, was definitely the most awkward. The boys have to escort the girls EVERYWHERE so the girls can "rest" their arms, even though it didn't help very much. We had FHE which was basically games with the company (which consisted of 2 girl groups and one boy). On Tuesday we had 4 classes, 2 of them were on the boring side, and the other 2 were fantastic. There was one teacher I really liked because his lessons were inspiring and interesting. The other ones were more academic and not as exciting. Later Tuesday we had a dance, which was pretty amazing. The songs were lame though because its Mormon camp and anything slightly off was banned. Wednesday was basically the same as Tuesday except instead of a dance we played games and had a cheer off. My team won the best banner, which I helped with, and got 2nd for the best cheer. There were SO many different games, and I definitely rocked them, well most of them anyway. Thursday is when the spiritual stuff comes in. The boys and the girls were separated and we had classes together. At night there was the most amazing fireside in the whole world. I don't think I've ever felt so Mormon, ever, and it was basically amazing. Then we had testimony meeting and I bore my testimony for the first time! It was fantastic. Friday we did a service project which was making blankets for orphans. It was nice doing something to help others. Friday, was our last dance. All in all EFY was the most amazing thing ever! And Max should go up here because he would love it! I have like 30 new Facebook and text friends. I'll post pictures later, love Rozi.

4 comments:

  1. I would love to send max to efy with you. We'll see about next year. :) I'm so glad you had fun. EFY rocks! Youth conferences were for sure the highlight of my teenage years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very happy for you. I wish I did EFY when I was a kid. My room mates at collage had so many friends that they had met there. Glad you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You mean you didn't get homesick!? It was great because of all the great youth that attended--and a ton of work by some very dedicated youth leadership. I sure miss you and Lewis, and Dad and Cheryl too. Love you all. Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Rozi. These are the days when life is so easy. ENJOY it!

    ReplyDelete