Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day

All in all, a pretty uneventful week. Last weekend I drove to Portland to attend the baptism for the daughter of my best friend from high school. Once there, I was asked on the spot to lead the music for the baptism since the person whose name was on the program did not make it. I've never led music before, so it was a little bit of a comedy routine, but we all got through the event unharmed. Evan and the kids stayed home while I went to Portland, but I did bring the cat. My parents got to meet Trouble for the first time. She didn't act up at Mom's and Dad's, but she was pretty shy and mostly hid behind the furniture the whole day. She was a pleasant little traveling companion on the way there, but on the way home, it was very dark so she just whined and meowed inside her cat carrier the whole way home.

We had a family Valentine's Day. Since it is our first Valentine's Day as a family, even the kids got gifts. It was also Chinese New Year this week, so the kids really got spoiled.

Rozi had a choir concert this week. I did not go because I had the young women over that night for an etiquette dinner. Evan went, however, and said it was phenomenal. We missed having Rozi at the Beehive activity, but I'm glad that the concert went so well.

A few weeks ago, the kids got their turn at the dentist. This week, Evan and I went. My tooth kinda crumbled when I was flossing the other day, so I had to go in. Now I have at least two more visits in my future. Evan went in for some tooth pain and he also has two future appointments. Hopefully, the kids will learn from our pain and torture and start flossing and brushing more regularly. We are trying to bribe them with incentives to floss daily. They lasted a few days, maybe a week. We'll see what happens at their next dental visits in a couple months.

Like I said, a pretty boring week. That's why the only thing I have to write about is the dentist.

Hope everyone had a Valentine's Day full of love and warm memories!!

Lots of Love,
Cheryl

5 comments:

  1. I thought when people said I would lose teeth if I didn't floss, they were exaggerating . . . but no! Rozi, Lewis, you WILL lose teeth if you don't floss. The back ones go first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you, Cheryl. How could you not love someone who travels with a cat. Named Trouble! I've got to put my two cents in about flossing. Didn't start until later in my life and after uncomfortable dentist visits. Now, for the past, almost twenty years, nothing but good reports from the dental hygenist. Just much better dental health and I wouldn't think of leaving the house without flossing. It would be like leaving without brushing. It's just not that hard, all you Larsen's out there. Rozi, I'm sorry to miss things like your concert. I know it was Phenomenal. Hope, kids, you are keeping a journal, because your lives are pretty interesting, and will be to your children someday. If nothing else, your experiences will be a great example to them on how to live your lives as youth in the Gospel. Love to all of you, Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Washington Larsens:) I totally understand the multiple appointments at the darn dentist. What a drag:) I wish they would hurry up and invent something that kept our teeth and gums indestructible!! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Valentines Day!!! Is it sad that Mark and I didn't realize it was Valentines day until about 5:00pm that evening.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The dentist is my biggest fear. I go...but I'm not happy about it. Which reminds me, I need to make the boys appointments. :(

    I wish I could hear Rozi sing and Lewis play the violin!

    ReplyDelete