Sunday, January 3, 2010

Way Too Cool






Hi again! I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year!! This week has been somewhat eventful, but lazy as well. I left on the train last weekend to see my family in Portland. All my siblings were there except for my older sister, who was at the beach with her husband's family. But, she lives in Tacoma so I get to see her from time to time.
My brother's wife is expecting a baby in March, so we had a baby shower for her. We could not be more thrilled for little Gavin to come. It will be my parents first grandchild and everyone is super excited. Scott and Jenny have little pictures of Gavin's ultrasound all over the place.
Evan and the kids came down to Portland on Monday to spend a day with the family. We stayed at a hotel in town for the night. We purposely got a hotel with a pool so the kids could swim. The pool was really warm, but the hot tub was not. But the kids' eyes turned red from the massive amounts of chlorine in the pool. I didn't put my face in the water, but I smelled like a clorox bottle for hours. We went to dinner with my family after swimming and the kids both looked like they had been crying. That night, Rozi decided that she was too cool (or too old) to share a motel bed with Lewis so she put some pillows on the floor and slept there. There are pictures above of Lewis sleeping with the whole queen size bed to himself and Rozi on the floor, snoozing away. It was the first time I have ever seen Evan crank the heat up. I always thought it was because he is so warm all the time. Now I realize it is because heat costs money at home.
On Monday we went to the mall in Portland. I worked there when I was a teeneger. We found a store that designs custom t-shirts so we got one made for Lewis with his favorite saying. There is a picture of him in his shirt above. Road trips are always kinda fun because we always play trivial pursuit on the iPod while we are driving. This time Lewis and I were a team and we won by the skin of our teeth. We were behind most of the game.
The rest of the week was pretty boring. I got my hair colored and put away my Christmas decorations. Evan and I went out to lunch and to a movie on New Year's Eve. We saw Avatar. It was really good.
I can't believe we all have to go back to school tomorrow. How time flies when you sleep in and stay up late and live a life of leisure.
Have a fabulous week!
Much Love,
Cheryl`

5 comments:

  1. Yeah, going back to school after Christmas break was never fun--I was never ready.

    I might get my hair done someday. We keep our upstairs freezing during the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to see how my niece and nephew are carrying on family traditions like playing trivia pursuit. Also I remember the excitement of a new grandchild or nephew. It is wonderful and exciting and you love him or her as much as you could your own child. After about 10 the excitement begins to fad ;) Happy new year

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love road trips! Grandpa, not so much. I guess it wouldn't be cool for the children to know that Grandma thinks that they have angel faces when they are sleeping. Well, they do when they are awake, too. We don't start school until Tuesday. Lucky us! Love you all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No kidding...Pie is a favorite word around here too. Ben says it all the time, just randomly. He thinks it's the funniest word ever!

    Not fun for teachers to return to school...but fun for parents! I don't envy you guys, it was probably a really hyper day for your students. I know Luke will be bouncing off the walls tomorrow, excited to be back with his friends.

    Glad you got to visit your fam! And the swimming pool in Oregon was the same. My eyes stung and I wasn't even in the pool!

    Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cheryl you are so cute. When will we ever get to meet????

    ReplyDelete