How is everyone doing? First, I better explain why Cheryl and I rarely have pictures on our posts. We have the kids every other week, and we make sure the blogging schedule has the kids blog when they are here. On the weeks that we don't have the kids, we only see them regularly on Tuesdays (mutual and scouts) and Sundays. Therefore, pictures more regularly happen when the kids are here. I doubt you want pictures of my ugly mug.
This week was a bit slow. Cheryl and I have had nasty colds all week, and have pretty much come home, scrounged in the kitchen for dinner, and drifted on and off to sleep while watching television. We were looking forward to Idol, but it just hasn't been the same without Paula. Friday was a bit active for us old farts. I walked the neighborhood where I work with my buddy Matt hanging door fliers for the up coming levy. Reminded me of my mission. I am so grateful that I went on one, and I am so grateful that I don't have to knock on doors anymore. I honestly don't know how I did it.
That night we had our first real "social" outing with some 40 something members of the ward. Everyone knows that I am not much of a social butterfly, and I don't think I did much better on Friday. They were telling poo stories about their now teenage kids, and I have a really good one about Rozi. I didn't know what to do. I could tell an awesome story and be in with the cool crowd, or keep the story to myself and not have my daughter way pissed at me. Believe it or not I didn't tell it. I'm still not sure I made the right decision. Really, it was overall a fun evening. Used the gift cards mom and dad gave Cheryl for Christmas. They are meeting again next month, but Cheryl and I will be at Bon Jovi. I can't wait.
Today, Rozi returned in the morning while Lewis went snow sledding with his friend Derek. Rozi somehow figured out a way to sever the cord to Cheryl's laptop, and we went to get a new one. Well, we came back with the $9.00 replacement cord and another laptop. I really don't know how it happened. Really, we needed another laptop because the kids always use Cheryl's. They use my laptop, but I use mine for work and they pretty much only use it for school work. So Cheryl has a new laptop and the kids have inherited Cheryl's. Everyone seems happy, but then I haven't paid the American Express bill yet. I am still trying to figure out how it happened. I am not an impulse shopper.
Cheryl and I were talking last week and found out that neither of us has ever cooked a turkey on our own. So we cooked one tonight with stuffing and mashed potatoes. It was really good. I should probably mention that we had dinner at about 8:30 at night. It is now about 9:15 on this last day of the three day holiday, and the kids have just finished their homework. I don't know how that happened. I hope that everyone is doing well. I will try to catch up on the blogs this week. Between being sick and a very bad trend of after school meetings, going on the computer has been one of the last things I wanted to do when I got home.
I should mention that Monday was Cheryl and my six month anniversary. How time flies. I have been truly blessed. We went to one of Cheryl's favorite restaurants to celebrate. It is a little fish and chip place right on the water. Take care.
Love,
Evan
27 Years of Thanksgivings
15 years ago
Love that when you turn forty the people in the "cool crowd" talk about their grown children's poo.
ReplyDeleteNew computer, three day weekend, turkey and stuffing for dinner, Bon Jovi concert--sounds like a good life to me! I want to come over!
You're funny. Our little Thanksgiving impulse buy computer notebook is used everyday. I'm glad that you are busy and happy. Life's good!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on six months!
ReplyDeleteYou're a good dad for not telling the poop story. That must have taken incredible restraint on your part. Kudos!
And in Washington, I bet you are hard pressed to find a day that you don't feel like a turkey dinner. Rainy weather brings out the need for comfort food for me.
You two are soo cute. IT is amazaing how you sound like cute newlyweds and two peas in a pod even when you are sick. I think the new laptop has alot to do with your cute little girl that as sweet and perfect as she is can probably still manipulate her daddy. Congrats on 6 months!
ReplyDeletehope you and cheryl get better soon congras on the 6 month and hope you guys are happy forever love you say hi to the kids alicia
ReplyDelete