On Wednesday we went to see Rozi's Christmas concert, and it was by far the best concert that I think she has ever had. There was one song that I'm learning on the violin called "Carol of the Bells" which is a nice duet song.
On Saturday, I got some new shoes because my other ones got ripped. First, we went to the mall and tried three stores with no success. Next, we went to Big 5 and figured out that they made their youth section smaller. So, we had little luck there. The last store we checked was Fred Meyer. There we found some shoes that we liked, so dad asked me what my shoe size I am and I said 6. He checked my shoe size now and found that now I was a 7, and I'm in the men's section. I was so happy. We started looking in the men's section and found a pair that was about 60 dollars, but they were the only shoes we liked and fit. When we were at the counter we learned they were on sale for 20 dollars less.
After we got my shoes, we all went to Red Robins (a really cool hamburger place) which was delicious, and they have the biggest burgers in the world. Then we went to see Tom Sawyer at a little theater in Lakewood. The play was great, and it was very well done. It was a musical. The best performer was Huckleberry Fin. He was perfect for the part and looks exactly what you would think he would look like. The play was split into two parts and ended about eleven o'clock. I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas.
Love, Lewis
27 Years of Thanksgivings
15 years ago
There is nothing better than finding out at the register that what you have in your cart is on sale! It's like a Christmas miracle!
ReplyDeleteI wish we could have come along for the play...and for the giant hamburgers. We already miss you terribly.
Merry Christmas Lewis! (And family :)
Thanks for the update! Shopping can be hard work, but I am glad you finally found a pair that worked. Wow! The Men's Section! You are really growing up! I hope you know your Aunt Laura and Uncle Jared love you all very much!
ReplyDeleteLewis, you are the greatest! I just loved hearing about your shopping adventures and I especially loved your reviews of Rozi's performance and of the play. I'm so glad that you enjoy that sort of thing and I've realized that we still haven't heard you on the violin yet. Miss you so much, young man. Love Grandma and Grandpa
ReplyDeleteLewis...great job on the blog! I think your cousins, Max, Jack, Ben, and Luke, should take a turn at writing on their family blog. It is so nice to hear your point of view.
ReplyDeleteI wish you all a wonderful Christmas! I am planning on making a poured chocolate cake...are you sure you don't want to take a ride here? I know Rozi loves that cake...
Enjoy your vacation!!
Your posts are so detailed and mature that for some strange reason I just want to give you a big hug and squeeze your cheeks. I know I'm weird. Merry Christmas!
ReplyDelete