Wednesday, August 19, 2009

TROUBLE AND THE CAT




I remember walking through Petaluma Junior High for the first time. The campus was massive, confusing, intimidating, and slightly grungy. I did not have a single friend in any of my classes. It scared the crap out of me. Today, I walked Rozi over to the brand new Curtis Junior High. It is the most beautiful campus I have ever been on. Rozi met up with her best friend, took her ASB card picture, bought her PE clothes, and took a personalized tour of the campus from a friend of hers in our ward. She opened her locker and walked to each one of her classes. Rozi and her friend pretty much have the same schedule since they are both in the challenge program this year. I took a picture of Rozi and her friend in front of the school. It is not a great picture since there was construction in front of the school and Rozi thought it would have looked geeky for me to take a picture of them inside of the school while others were walking around. I tried.

The other picture is of the new addition to our family. Trouble got a clean bill of health from the vet yesterday and officially joined the family. She already acts like she owns the place. I think she got attention overload yesterday. Trouble is playful, and I think she can't believe that we let her out of the breakfast nook.

Lewis, Cheryl. and I are mostly just waiting for school to start. Lewis' friend and companion in crime is in Utah for the next week, so Lewis has been having to come to school with me to set up for the year. Cheryl has been taking new employee orientations for her new district and has been finishing up unpacking. We also finished painting this weekend. We have now painted our bedroom, the dining room, and the tv room. We decided on a brighter yellow and a brick red for the dining room and the tv room. It's funny. I used to make fun of people who drove SUVs and painted inside their homes with bright and bold colors. One winter in Washington converted me to SUV's for handling the roads and bright colors to simulate the sun. The bedroom is a golden brown and a forest green. Much better than the old lady mint green with lace wallpaper and flower trim that was up before. Wallpaper is evil and should be outlawed. Taking it down is a pain in the a$$ (edited for Cheryl's mother). Cheryl and I did pretty good. Major painting and we didn't swear at each other once (Okay, I did swear, but not at her). The house looks pretty good. We only need to put up some lights in the tv room. Ryan, when are you coming up?
Later,
Evan

4 comments:

  1. Maybe Thanksgiving? Maybe.

    Cute kid!

    Cute cat!

    Cute post! (Sorry bro...it was cute! Good job!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trouble is a "Ronnie" cat, but her ears are even bigger than his! Darling. Rozi, you're darling too. You're on a roll. Now pictures of the house and Lewis. I live for pictures. Maybe Thanksgiving too? Maybe. I'd love it. And I'm mom, no Mr. Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great update. I love hearing from my brothers. Sounds like the house looks great. I like bright colors myself. Rozi is beautiful. Why does California have such ghetto schools?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should move to the South; they are all about bright colors. Cute cat and cute daughter. Love it.

    ReplyDelete