Wednesday, July 22, 2009

We just created our blog today. Our little family is exactly 11 days old. Evan and I got married on July 11 and today is our first day back in Washington since the wedding and the honeymoon. So, we decided to get a blog started right away to start sharing what's new in our lives with family and friends.

Evan is the blog master since he is the most technologically advanced Larsen in the house. If the photos ever become outdated, he is the one to contact.

Well, here is what is going on with us currently... Evan and I both teach elementary school. Evan is a 5th grade teacher and I teach ESL half-time. Rozi and Lewis are enjoying their busy summer. They have already been to Taiwan, Tahoe, and California this summer. Rozi also went to girls camp. We also plan a Twilight trip to Forks, WA sometime before school starts.

Evan and I had a beautiful wedding at Lake Tahoe. It was supposed to be an outdoor wedding at Emerald Bay, but it just so happened that it rained during the exact hour the ceremony was to take place. Probably the only hour of rain in Tahoe the entire summer, but sometimes that's just the way things go. So, we drove back into town and were married at the vacation rental home where his parents were staying. We then went on our honeymoon in Cabo. We stayed at the Cabo Azul Hotel Resort in San Jose del Cabo, Mexico, many thinks to Adam and Alicia!!!! It was absolutely beautiful and we both felt very pampered and spoiled the entire stay. We walked on the beach, ate some incredible food, spent many hours at/in the pool, got pampered in every way possible, and spent an evening out on a cruise with Adam and Alicia Larsen, Evan's brother and sister-in-law. It was so nice to get to meet more of his family. I love my new family to pieces, especially Rozi and Lewis!!

Now the big chore is going to be organizing the house after bringing in all my hundreds of boxes of stuff. It will take weeks, but my goal is to have it all put away and organized before school begins in the fall. Just a few weeks, I guess. School starts the first week of September. We also plan to take down some wallpaper and "remodel" two rooms in the house and get the yard in shape. The lawn needs some work and we have lots of weeding to do. And we are on a budget too, so wish us luck!

I know this is my very first entry on the blog spot, but I am going to try to keep up with current information, at least monthly. If I fall behind, just give me a call and I will get on it!

Love to you all!
Cheryl

5 comments:

  1. I am so proud to be the first to comment on your new family blog! Welcome to the blog world! It will be so nice to keep up on the Washington Larsen news. Remember, ANY information is interesting to us! Love the pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to our family. I wish I could have been at the wedding. It was good to see some pictures since I have only ever seen one picture of Cheryl. You two are a great looking couple. Sorry Evan but I just have to say you look just like Uncle Jimmy with that beard. I'm sure you have been told that too many times by now. I do like it a lot though. You looked very handsome and Cheryl very beautiful. I'm sad we are not moving there. I was so hoping to become close friends. You are just going to have to come to Hawaii. Love Terra and family

    ReplyDelete
  3. its nice to see you have a blogs and to get news and pictures from you.it was nice to see you while you where here,the both of you look very happy and we are happy for you and we love you say hi to rozy and lewis love alcia

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy that I'll be able to get news and pictures of your family. I loved the time I got to spend with my sons and you and the kids during your wedding week. It was the most fun I had all summer. It was a wonderful week. Now I am in Santaquin nursing Katie over the flu (she's pretty much well) and spending time with three darling little boys and their parents. I love you all so much. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the wedding. YOu need to come out to Utah so Rozi can see BYU and so I can meet you!!!

    ReplyDelete