Sunday, April 11, 2010

Grandpa's House








This week we went to great grandpa's house in Crescent City. When we drove down we watched School of Rock, one of the best movies ever made. Of course we stopped at Carl's Jr., which is dad's favorite fast foood. It was an eight hour drive to great grandpa's. You can tell by the top picture that it was a long drive.
When we got there we found a huge Libby (great grandpa's dog) barking at us. That day we took it easy at great grandpa's. We watched idol with great grandpa and learned his favorite is Aaron. Then got some rest. Great grandpa made us a big dinner of seafood chowder and steak.
The next, day we went to the Oregon caves. They were fantastic. The part I liked best was when they turned off the lights. It was so dark you could not see your hand an inch from your face.
We drove back and stayed the night in Oregon. We stayed at La Quinta. It was nice with good beds and a great breakfast with waffles and biscuit and gravy. We saw Cheryl's new nephew and ate Mongolian Beef with her parents. The last part of the trip was to hit the outlet shops. Rozi got 2 shirts. Cheryl got 2 shirts, I got 3 shirts, and dad got a North Face jacket that was 70% off the real price.
We had a great time, and I really wish I didn't have to go to school tomorrow.
Love,
Lewis

4 comments:

  1. Wow, it sounds like so much fun. I love going to grandpa's place. It's my dream place to live. I agree with your Dad, Carl's Jr is awesome. Tell your dad it's time to go visit Aunt Terra in Hawaii.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think my least favorite part would have been when they turned the lights off in the cave. I don't think I could have handled that! Too scary for Aunt Meri! But the pictures that you posted are really cool!

    I'm glad you guys had a nice family vacation. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grandma and Grandpa's trip to Utah was great too. We really enjoyed the little ones--and their parents. We ate and ate and when I got back I was glad to see I'd only gained a pound. Then I got the flu the next day. Jack had recently gotten over it. I couldn't lift my head for two days and barely yesterday or today. But I did lose three pounds and I didn't have to go back to school. Probably will tomorrow, though. I always love your posts. Thanks, Lewis. Love from Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't seen Grandpa in maybe . . . 8 years? I KNOW I haven't seen him since I started dating Jared, so at LEAST 6 years. It is good you got to see him. The caves look cool, and at least you have a nice big car for road trips.

    ReplyDelete