This week has been an unfortunate turn of events. My uncle passed away, Evan and I both have school districts that are in danger of down-sizing, and my half-sister's mother was put in the hospital with three blood clots in her lung. And, we lost an hour of sleep Saturday night. I still haven't caught up. No wonder I didn't get around to posting the blog on Sunday.
I really don't mean to be a downer. So, let's talk about something else.... reality TV. Two of my favorite reality shows are underway. American Idol is down to their top 12 and America's Next Top Model began last week. For all of you Idol fans, I have a few favorites. My favorite girls are Didi and Siobhan and my favorite guys are Lee and Casey. Evan only likes Crystal. I don't know who my favorite Top Models are yet since there has only been one episode.
I think we are all looking forward to Spring Break, which is April 5-9. My Spring Break is a different week than Evan and the kids. Mine is March 29 - April 2. But, since I have Thursdays and Fridays off, we will take a mini vacation at the end of the week.
Everything else is pretty much as would be expected. The kids are working hard at school. Evan and I are swamped with work. The cat thinks she owns the place. We wish everyone the best!
Lots of Love,
Cheryl
27 Years of Thanksgivings
15 years ago
Cheryl, I am so sorry about your family! And I too mourn the hour lost. :( Hope things look up soon. I watch AI too, but don't get into it until the top 12...and my other favorite is Project Runway. Come visit! We'll have fun!
ReplyDeleteThere isn't anyone that's not affected by the state of our economy. I hope all goes well with your school districts. I hope they know that you are both indespensible to the children you teach. I'm quite sure of it. I'm sorry about your loss and about your sister's mother. But about day-light savings time--I love it. I wake up too early anyway, so now when I wake up at 5:30, it's really 6:30. Thats good for me. And I love the longer days with more light. I'm so much more awake and get so much more done. Love you all, Mom (on Dad's computer)
ReplyDeleteI like daylight savings time too . . . but I don't like getting USED to it (like you I guess) and I am still working on it--especially with my two year old.
ReplyDeleteI am not a Top Model fan. I used to watch it but now I avoid Tyra as much as possible. Her talk show does the worst "case studies" in broadcast history. They are like something your 5th grade students could do. But yeah--I have seen her shows. Probably because I stay home a lot and watched her so much I got sick of her.
I hope things are totally fine with your jobs--not just for your sakes but for the sake of our posterity. We need our teachers--and our good ones too!